If you have a dehumidifier in your Alabama crawl space and the space is still damp and musty, then there's an obvious conclusion: it's not doing its job.
Dehumidifiers are often set to automatically shut off when the space is dry enough. If it doesn't shut off, then the space is never at that acceptable level.
And if your dehumidifier includes a collection tray, you can expect it to till with water about once every 12 hours or so. If you're only emptying it once a week, then it's hardly ever working at all!
There's a lot to look for when shopping for a dehumidifier. To help you pick the best for your home, Alabama Professional Services offers these five key features that make a dehumidifier one of the best. If you're ready to learn more about crawl space dehumidifiers in AL, call or contact us online today for a free quote!
The most common crawl space dehumidifier complaint that we hear comes when a homeowner has purchased a dehumidifier that runs constantly but does not dry the space. The end result for this is a continuously damp, moldy space, with the only difference being a higher energy bill.
You could spend more money and buy a second dehumidifier. However, the end result of this will be an expensive and inefficient solution. Twice the dehumidifiers means twice the noise, twice the electricity, and, very often, a crawl space that's still damp.
Instead of taking this route, start off right with a powerful 100-liter crawl space dehumidifier that will assure that the moisture in the space is being removed in an energy-efficient method. The SaniDry offered by Alabama Professional Services is able to dehumidify an entire crawl space, using a powerful blowing motor that will send dry air all over the space.
Few dehumidifiers in the AL area come with an ENERGY STAR® rating, but these few are very worth the effort. The best dehumidifiers can do more than twice the work at less than a third of the energy usage, saving you a lot of money in the long run.
If you are concerned about the energy usage of your crawl space dehumidifier, you may also want to find a model that allows you to adjust your dehumidifier to a specific level of dryness. This way, you can set it to full-blast if you want the most comfortable environment that is easiest on your cooling bills (humid air is more expensive to cool than dry air), or you can simply set it to keep the space dry enough to help prevent mold growth.
Cheap home dehumidifiers come with a collection tray that will fill up with water about every 12 hours. This means that keeping your crawl space dry involves emptying his tray 14 times a week or more. However, most homeowners will fall into a routine where they're emptying it only once weekly. This means that your dehumidifier's tray will fill and shut off right away, allowing it to work only 7% of the time, whereas the humidity goes unchecked the other 93%. Why bother?
Your time and energy is too important for you to have to continually empty humidity collection trays- find a dehumidifier that can drain the water away by itself. Crawl space dehumidifiers can be set to drain to a sump pump, a sink, or other available opening, or they can be hooked up to a condensate pump that's designed to discharge the water through a tube run through the home's rim joist. No matter which option you choose, your dehumidifier will be much more convenient and effective.
If you're hoping to fight mold, mildew, and dust mites by dehumidifying the crawl space, then take your efforts to the next level. There are dehumidifiers on the market today that can filter particles out of the air as small as 2 microns while they dehumidify the space.
While these systems are not air purification systems, they're able to filter out dust mite waste, mold spores, pollen, and a variety of other home allergens commonly found in an Alabama crawl space. Dehumidifiers can also come with an odor filter, which is great for removing that musty smell that is sometimes common in a crawl space.
Alabama Professional Services has the crawl space dehumidifier you'll need to dry your space. The SaniDry CSB Crawl Space Dehumidifier they offer is an Energy Star-rated solution for your home that will keep the space dry the way it was meant to. It's designed to be self-draining and its powerful blower can send dry air all over the area. An air filter can remove dust mite waste, pollen, and most mold spores out of the air while an optional odor filter keeps the air clean and fresh.
If you're in Albertville, Anniston, Auburn, Birmingham, Center Point, Cullman, Dadeville, Decatur, Dothan, East Killen, Florence, Fort Payne, Gadsden, Hoover, Huntsville, Jackson, Jasper, Madison, Marion, Mobile, Montgomery, Opp, Phenix City, Prattville, Troy, Tuscaloosa or in any other area in Alabama and would like a free, no-obligation quote for crawl space dehumidification, call or contact Alabama Professional Services today!
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.